A classic winter cruise to warmer climes
Celebrate Christmas on board Columbus and see in the New Year with a fabulous firework spectacular as you sail south to warmer climes on this wonderful cruise over the festive season. Visit three of the popular Canary Islands and discover the contrasting faces of each. Add ‘the Rock’ of Gibraltar, historic Lisbon and the beautiful island of Madeira into the mix and you’ve a holiday to remember!
- Christmas Day aboard Columbus promises to be special. Let our friendly restaurant staff serve you Christmas Dinner and enjoy a sparkling gala show.
- Discover Lanzarote’s amazing volcanic scenery from the slopes of Fire Mountain. The lunar landscape has been a backdrop for a number of famous films.
- Las Palmas is a bustling city overwhelming with Spanish history and culture. You might pick up a bargain in one of the many shops, or stop for tapas.
- Enjoy one of Madeira’s oldest traditions – a thrilling toboggan ride by wicker basket. The drivers, run alongside, steering throughout the 2 mile descent to Funchal.
- From the rail of Columbus witness the spectacular New Year Fireworks over Funchal in Madeira, then join in the onboard party as you sail into 2018.